Diana McIver has been involved in the real estate industry, specializing in affordable housing, for 40 years.
She founded DMA Development Company, LLC, DMA Properties, LLC, and DMA Property Advisors, LLC, as well as precursors Diana McIver & Associates, Inc. and Conroy & McIver. She serves as the General Partner in more than 25 housing partnerships, totaling more than 2200 apartments, and has assisted smaller organizations with capacity building.
Diana will tell you that, aside from her degree in Sociology, she has the most logical career path ever – having spearheaded legislative changes to housing programs as staff of the Senate Special Committee on Aging, trained housing professionals across the country in how to develop and manage affordable housing through the many HUD programs as staff at the National Center for Housing Management, and then branching out on her own in 1980.
Her notable accomplishments include:
- Affordable Housing Finance Magazine's Top Ten Influential Women in Affordable Housing in 2016
- Member of the Year 2014 by the Texas Association of Local Housing Finance Agencies (TALHFA)
- Recipient of the Jean MacDonald Lifetime Achievement Award in 2013 by the Texas Affiliation of Affordable Housing Providers (TAAHP)
- Recipient of the 2012 Community Vision Award from the Austin Chapter, American Institute of Architects
- Congressional Appointment in 2001 to the 14-member Commission on Affordable Housing and Health Care Facility Needs for Seniors in the 21st Century
She currently serves on the Board of the TALHFA where, as 2nd Vice President, she Chairs its Legislative Committee. She is also Past President of TAAHP and currently serves on its Governmental Affairs Committee. Diana also holds a Texas Real Estate Brokers License and is a member of both the Texas Association of Realtors and the Austin Board of Realtors.